Posted on January 25 2019
Best Warm Winter Cocktail You've Ever Had
Coffee Nut Cocktail
For all you Coffee Nuts out there.
A nutty robust coffee, whiskey, and home made butterscotch concoction is sure to warm your heart, and give you that sweet Friday night buzz you've been looking for.
Butterscotch Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Butterscotch Syrup Instructions:
1: Heat cream, corn syrup and salt in a medium sauce pan until it just reaches the boiling point, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and add vanilla and butterscotch chips. Swirl pan to completely cover chips in liquid.
2: Allow chips to sit in liquid, undisturbed and away from heat, for 5 minutes. Use a whisk to fully blend the melted chips and warm cream. Add to a squirt bottle or piping bag to drizzle on drinks.
- 4 ounce whiskey
- 5 ounces hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico)
- 5 teaspoons real maple syrup
- 16 ounces hot, strong coffee
- 8 ounces milk
- 3 tablespoons butterscotch syrup
Yield: 4 cups of pure warm goodness
1. Add whiskey, hazelnut, maple syrup, and butterscotch into a pot on the stove. Add the hot coffee and stir well. Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve. (don't let it sit for too long because the alcohol will cook out!)
2. Froth up some milk with a french press or one of those frother guys.
3. Spoon the frothed milk over the top of the coffee drink once it's in a mug. Drizzle with the home made Butter Scotch because you worked so hard on it and it's delicious.
4. Drink Up and then Refill that Bad Boy!
If you try to make froth art and it turns out badly, please do the considerate thing and send it to us on Instagram so we can laugh at it.